Apply for SNAP

You can apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through your local Department of Health and Human Services office, OR you can complete the Family Assistance online application here:

Kingsport Office
Dist. 1, Cty. #82
1060 Wilcox Court
Kingsport, TN 37660-5381
Office Hours:  8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Phone: (423) 224-1900
FAX: (423) 224-1974
– Services: Food Stamp; Families First; Child Care Certificate; Medicaid; and TennCare

Sullivan County – Bristol/Blountville Office
2193 Feathers Chapel Rd.
Blountville, TN 37617-5508
Office Hours:  8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Phone: (423) 279-9164
FAX: (423) 279-9947
– Services: Food Stamp; Families First; Child Care Certificate; Medicaid; and TennCare


Applications can be found in multiple languages online by going to:

From the SNAP website:

Complete your application using the online form (link at top of page) or print and sign the application and fax, mail, or bring it to a DHS county office for processing. – (If applying for SNAP only, an incomplete application can be accepted as long as it contains your name, address, and signature).

If you are applying for SNAP (food stamp) benefits, the documents listed below may be needed to complete the application process.


  • Social Security Number
  • Your Identification (Example: driver’s license, school ID with photo, Passport, Resident Alien Card, I-94 card, voter’s registration card)
  • Where you live (Example: lease agreement, utility bill, phone bill, or driver’s license with your address on it)​
  • Income (Example: check stubs, employer statement, award letters)
  • Shelter costs (Example: mortgage payments, property tax, homeowner’s insurance, rent receipt, lease agreement)​
  • Costs of utilities (Example: electric bill, water bill, gas bill)

You may be asked to provide more information during your interview. Your eligibility counselor will explain what information is needed, how to get it and help you if you need assistance.


For more details, or for questions, go to: